The mid-year budget was read as expected and as usual, the reception has been a divided front. Whereas some feel it is promising, others think it is nothing but an affirmation of the government’s inability to manage the economy. The minority minced no words in expressing their opinion about the budget: the government has “lost control” of the economy.
Among the many items captured in the budget by the Minister of Finance, Mr. Ken Ofori Atta – the reviews, projections and initiatives – the following are some key highlights”
- No additional funds needed to augment the budget for the rest of the fiscal year.
- The cessation of the NaBCo programme by September.
- Strenthening of the YouStart Entrepreneurial Programme as something of a subsititute for the cessation of the NaBCo
- Comprehensive domestic programme to complement the GhanaCARES Obantapa Programme.
- A subtle hint of the potential restoration of Road Toll Levy, etc.
Kindly find attached below the full text